Friday, May 17, 2013
3/4 kg tilapia/ alumahan, cleaned
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 pc large onion, sliced
1-1/2 tbsp ginger strips
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 pouches(115g) del monte pineapple tidbits, drained (reserve syrup)
2 cubes(100g) tahure, drained
1 pc(100g) tokwa
3 stalks kinchay, cut 1" long
1. Sprinkle fish with 3/4 tsp iodized salt (or 2-1/4 tsp iodized rock salt). Fry until golden brown. Set aside.
2. Saute garlic, onion and ginger. Add soy sauce, pineapple syrup, 1-1/4 cups water and 1/4 tsp pepper.
3. Mash tahure and tokwa together. Add to the sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add pineapple tidbits, fried fish and kinchay. Simmer for 1 minute.
Make 8 servings.
Thursday, May 16, 2013
8 cloves garlic, crushed
1 pc medium onion, sliced
3 pc medium tomatoes, sliced
100 g radish, sliced
1/2 kg whole fish (bangus/maya-maya), sliced
1/2 cup pineapple juice
100 g mustasa
5 stalks kangkong, cut up
1 pouch(115g) del monte pineapple tidbits
1. Saute garlic, onion and tomatoes for 3 minutes. Add patis to taste and radish. Saute for 2 minutes.
2. Add pineapple juice, fish and 1 cup water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add mustasa, kangkong and pineapple tidbits with syrup. Allow to simmer.
Make 4-5 servings.
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Last May 11, 2013, Alaska win over San Mig Coffee in the game 4 with the standing of 3-1. And last May 12, 2013, Ginebra win over Talk and Text in the game 5 with the standing of 3-2. This finals Ginebra and Alaska are both hungry for the crown to be the champion in the Commissioner's Cup. The countdown will start on May 15, 2013 at Smart Araneta Coliseum.
Here are the schedules of the game:
|Date||Time||Dark Uniform||Light Uniform||Venue|
|May 19, 2013||7:30PM||Barangay Ginebra San Miguel Kings||vs||Alaska Aces||Smart Araneta Coliseum|
|May 17, 2013||7:30PM||Alaska Aces||vs||Barangay Ginebra San Miguel Kings||Mall of Asia Arena|
|May 15, 2013||7:30PM||Barangay Ginebra San Miguel Kings||vs||Alaska Aces||Smart Araneta Coliseum|
Araneta Coliseum had the crowd of attendees of 10,775 in the 4th game of Alaska vs San Mig Coffee, and on the next day, a crowd of 21,480 in the 5th game of Ginebra vs Talk and Text. For this finals, have the Ginebra vs Alaska will beat the new record of attendees of 23,108?
For your review with the both teams. Here is the infographic:
1 kg whole dressed chicken, cut into halves or serving pieces
3 tbsp atsuete seeds, soaked in 3 tbsp hot water and strained
1 tbsp sinigang mix powder
1/2 tsp pepper
2 pouches Del Monte Pineapple Tidbits
2 stalks tanglad, pounded
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp minced ginger
1. Blended all ingredients in a bowl and let stand for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
2. Cook as desired, either pan-grill, pan-fry, charcoal-grill, until chicken is done.
Or bake at 350⁰F preheated oven for 40 minutes. Serve.
Make 8 servings.
Monday, May 6, 2013
3/4 kg fish fillet (cream dory/maya maya/labahita), cut into 2" sticks
1 block(250g) tofu, cut into 2" sticks
3 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 tbsp minced garlic
3 tbsp tausi, drained
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 pouch(115g) del monte pineapple tidbits, drained (reserved syrup)
1 tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tbsp water
1. Sprinkle fish with 1-1/2 tsp iodized fine salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, deep-fry tofu until golden brown. Set aside.
2. Dredge fish in cornstarch and deep-fry until golden brown. Set aside.
3. Saute onions, garlic and tausi in 1 tbsp oil. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, pineapple syrup and 2 tbsp water. Bring to a quick boil. Add dissolved cornstarch and cook until thicken.
4. Toss in fried fish, tofu and pineapple tidbits. Cook for 2 more minutes or until heated through.
Makes 6 servings.
Friday, May 3, 2013
1/2 kg whole or sliced fish (maya-maya, labahita or lapu-lapu)
1 pc small onion, cut into rings
1/2 tbsp ginger strips
1/4 cup sliced carrot
1 pc small red pepper, cut into strips
2 pouches(115g) del monte pineapple tidbits
1/2 cup water
1/2 tbsp red cane vinegar
1-1/2 tbsp white sugar
1/2 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup iodized fine salt (or 1/4 tbsp rock salt)
1. Sprinkle fish with 1/4 tsp iodized salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Fry until just brown.
2. Saute onion, ginger, carrot and bell pepper. Add sauce ingredients. Stir and simmer until thick.
Pour over fried fish.
Make 4 servings.